Select by color
Fairly self-explanitory in its use. Below is what the selection would look like if you clicked one of the yellow pedals on the flower image:
Select by Color options
- the important part here being the "threshold" setting. The higher the value, the greater the range of color the selection tool will include.
- Modes are explained on the Selection Options page
- Antialias is on by default, and partially selects in-between pixels, therefore making the selection edge appear smoother.
- Simplified, the Feather edges acts like an antialias, but partially selecting a large number of in-between pixels. Sort of a "gradient selection" of in-betweeners.
- The sample merged option would take into account layer values other than just that of the active layer. If you are only working with one layer, don't worry about it.
Select by Color Flash Demo
Using the option defaults and clicking on one of the yellow pedals of the clipart flower.
select by color Flash demo