Selecting a contiguous region (fuzzy select)
Use this to select a continuous area of similar color.
Fuzzy Select options
- the most important part here being the threshold setting. The higher the value, the greater the range of color the selection tool will include.
- Modes are explained on the Selection Options page
- Antialias is on by default, and partially selects in-between pixels, therefore making the selection edge appear smoother.
- Simplified, the Feather edges acts like an antialias, but partially selecting a large number of in-between pixels. Sort of a "gradient selection" of in-betweeners.
- The sample merged option would take into account layer values other than just that of the active layer. If you are only working with one layer, don't worry about it.
Fuzzy Select Flash Demo
Using the option defaults and clicking on one of the yellow pedals of the clipart flower.
fuzzy select Flash demo